About Mixed Martial Arts
In the early 1990’s the UFC and the Gracie family burst onto the scene with “No Rules” fighting and immediately put into question the effectiveness of many traditional martial art styles. Although the original competitions were highly criticized as being barbaric and scrutinized by politicians, they did teach one very important lesson: the best martial art style was not having ONE, but instead a blend of several arts including striking, wrestling, and submissions.
The Cellar Gym offers MMA classes for Beginners as well as Advanced students. In addition to MMA classes, MMA students are also encouraged to train in Muay Thai and BJJ classes to develop both striking and grappling skills.
What Can You Expect From Our Classes?
- Great for Recreational Students and Experienced Fighters
- No Previous Experience Needed
- No More Boring Workouts!
- Get In Great Shape
- You’ll Never Have the Same Class Twice!
- Great Classes for Fitness, Fun, and Self-Defense
- No Long-Term Contract Required